I’ve been trying to get back in the swing of this whole healthy thing, and it’ so much easier for me when I have healthy options made and ready in the fridge. The bestie and I made some egg white muffins two weeks ago, and we decided to make them again. When I went to the store, the only package of ground turkey left was “taco” seasoned so I went with it. Southwest theme it was! I opted for black beans (extra protein) and diced jalapenos with a pinch of cheddar on top. These are super easy and great for anyone who is on a low-carb diet.
The recipe for this can be easily changed- omit fillings you don’t like and obvi add ones you do -I mean, duh. But, the point of this post is really recommending the best way to make these- I’ve tried several different ways and baking dishes and these turned out great!
Usually when I post a recipe on the blog, I have one or two people tell me they tried it. I wasn’t planning on posting this one (this is just an iphone photo from insta), but I had so many requests- here it is! Follow me on insta if you like food photos, shoe posts and beauty products: bighairandfoodiefare
- -1 lb Taco flavor seasoned ground turkey (if using regular ground turkey, add 1/2 pack taco seasoning)
- 1-32 oz carton of egg whites
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1- 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 2 muffin pans (24 muffins). Don't skimp!
- Brown turkey in skillet, saute until cooked through.
- Add beans and jalapenos.
- Using a spoon, evenly distribute the turkey mixture into the greased muffin tins.
- Pour egg whites directly from carton over the turkey mixtures. (Don't overfill!)
- Distribute cheese evenly over the top of the muffin mixture (think Salt Bae- a pinch for each).
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until eggs begin to brown around edges and do not jiggle when you move the pan.
- Let cool completely before removing from the muffin tin.
- You can freeze these and pop them in the microwave for 1:20 and they'll be good as fresh from the oven!
- Top with Greek yogurt and salsa.