Tonight I’m sharing the products I use on a daily basis for my skincare routine. (These are the products I actually use- none of these are paid advertisements). I’m excited to share these with you guys, because lesbihonest: it can be hard to find products that do what they claim and actually deliver results!
First, of course, I recommend drinking lots of water to stay hydrated, getting plenty of rest and establishing a daily skin care routine. In my early 20’s, my skincare routine was majorly lacking. I didn’t wear sunscreen (which I am so upset about now), drank too much booze too often, didn’t get enough sleep and went to bed several nights a week with my makeup on- GASP! (I still do this occasionally and although it’s few and far between- and I can really tell a difference in my skin when I do this). Now that I follow a regular skin care routine, I think my skin may look better now than it ever has in my life.
A little history on my skin: growing up and even recently, I’ve had horrible cystic acne, overly oily skin, overly dry skin, combination skin and eczema (yes, on my face and it was horrible, painful and embarrassing.) I’ve been to the dermatologist more times than I can count, tried all prescription topical creams and gels, antibiotics and even Accutane (Isotretinoin- a high dosage of Vitamin A if I remember correctly, AND WHICH I WOULD NEVER EVER DO AGAIN. But that’s another story…)
About a year ago I started focusing on a skin care routine and trying to take better care of my skin. I was feeling like I was really starting to age and had recently gone off birth control which caused my hormones to spiral out of control. On top of awful cystic acne all across the bottom of my face at this time, I had an eczema break out . I went to the derm (whom I really liked) but the medicine she prescribed did nothing to help either the acne or the eczema.
Then I tried a new product that I received in the mail as a sample from Sephora.
If you decide to try one product from this post, this is it. This stuff is liquid gold. I know the label doesn’t say anything about clearing up any of the particular skin problems that I had, but after about two weeks of faithful use (one use after washing face in the evening ) I began to see my face clear up. I threw away all my moisturizers and marched my ass to Sephora to buy a bottle.
Although this is oil, it doesn’t leave your face feeling oily. I apply with my fingers and give it a while to absorb into my skin. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels smooth and hydrated. I can even tell a difference in the size of the pores on my cheeks. I wish I had a before an after for you guys but I really had no idea I was going to love this product this much. It is a little pricey- $105 but it lasts a solid 6 months (longer if you only apply once a day versus the two applications I sometimes do). You can purchase at Sephora, here.
Let’s move on to the rest of my routine and fave skin care products- and I feel like I should just throw a disclaimer in! I am a product whore(der)and a serial product tester- but once I find a product I love, it’s in the repertoire for good. So, here we go!
- While I’m aware the the Clarisonic-$169 isn’t a “skincare product”- I feel like it’s made a huge difference in my skin’s appearance and helped to clear my acne up. and is an integral part of my routine. This is an investment for sure! I own the Mia 2., from Sephora. Do it. You won’t be sorry.
- Sunday Riley Luna Night Oil-$105– which I’ve already completely gushed over. Sunday Riley, I may have a bit of a crush on you. Again, Sunday Riley Luna at Sephora.
- Pura Organics- Rejuvenating cleanser- $28. Favorite for use as a daily cleanser to remove my makeup- super gentle and has no scent. This would be great for people with sensitive skin.
- Pura Organics- Advanced Lift Neck Cream-$48- Don’t forget the skin on your neck and chest! This is the first product I’ve used on my decollete and I’m sticking with it. It also has a very light scent that reminds me of Horchata? Cinnamon milk? I don’t know how to describe it other than it’s slightly sweet and dreamy!
5. Homemade (Yes, Homemade!) Sugar Scrub. Y’all. This stuff. I almost love this as much as my Luna oil. I use it daily- on my face, lips and all over my body to exfoliate before spray tan, and after every time I shave. I’ve linked the recipe- although you can change the scents and ingredients if you keep the oil/sugar ratio the same. I promise you will love this- I even give it away as gifts!6. Peter Thomas Roth- Glycolic Facial Wash-$21 on Amazon- I’ve been using this stuff for ten years now and it’s definitely one of my favorite products of all time. The Glycolic acid is exfoliating and is supposed to help with fine lines and wrinkles. It can be slightly irritating if your skin is sensitive, so I recommend testing a spot first and not using it every day in the beginning. My skin, however is used to it, so I can use it on a daily basis. Rub it in with a little warm water and let it sit for a few minutes. When you rinse, you can really tell a difference in the smoothness of your skin! It’s kind of crazy!
7. Loreal- Antiwrinkle +Firming Eye Cream- $17.99 (Packaging is now a different color, or called Revitalift, but it’s the same thing!) I like to put this on right before I put on my under eye concealer. It keeps my under eyes hydrated and from looking “crepe-y” once my concealer sets.
8. Dermalogica, Multi Vitamin Power Firm-$62. Worth every penny. Consistency is like a matte jelly? Goes on silky smooth, and contains Vitamin A, C and E to improve elasticity.
9. Skinprint, EYEdyllic-$59.90– Promotes collagen and elastin production. This has more of a classic lotion consistency although does not leave an oily residue either. A local plastic surgeon’s office recommended this line so I tried it and have been using for about a year. (I typically rotate the Dermalogica and the EYEdyllic just because I like both and they contain different ingredients!)
10. Aquaphor-Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment, pack of two-$5 as an add-on item at Amazon, also available at CVS. I use these instead of Chapstick- always keep one in my car and one in my purse. It is also great for burns and cuts!
11. Triple Antiboitic Ointment-$4.99- When I got my eyebrows Microbladed last year, my technician recommended that I keep triple antibiotic on my brows during the healing process. Although my brows have long since healed, I still put a coat of this on my brows every night to keep them moisturized after I wash my face. I also put a little on my lips before bed and in the am. I haven’t had chapped lips since I started using this! (I like to say it’s my little secret.)
What skincare products do you love? I’d love to hear your recommendations below!