Also, if you want to check out some more Top 5 face products/foundations/concealers, check out these two gals who I’m collabing with: (Ashley of Fashionately Me) and (Brittney of The Pretty Plus) who will be doing the same video but with their products. (Links are to their youtube channels.)
Today’s cocktail, “Easy Sangria“. This one was for Courtney, who requested a fall sangria. I went with an easy sangria- I wanted to make something that you might use the other ingredients at another time, and not just let them sit in the liquor cabinet- and Chambord (raspberry) and St. Germaine (Elderflower) get used up quickly at my house! If you’re familiar with either of these liqueurs, you know how yummy they are. They are sweet enough that I don’t want to add any extra simple syrup to my cocktails when I add them to any recipe. You can also use any fruit you like in a sangria, I just like to stick with berries when I’m doing a red sangria. I reserve more summery fruits (peaches, pineapple etc).
- Handful of mixed berries (I used strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/2 oz chambord
- 1/2 oz St Germaine
- 5 oz Red table wine (I’m usually a bit of a wine snob, but when you’re making sangria you don’t need to splurge. An inexpensive table wine usually works fine. By adding liqueurs, you’re introducing new flavors to the wine and thereby and changing the flavor profile and integrity of the wine anyway. So, hello box wine. Just kidding. I’ve never had box wine. I don’t think I’ll start now, ha!)
- Start with your fruit in the bottom of your glass, and build the other ingredients over the top of the fruit. Add a few ice cubes if you like your sangria cold, and gently stir. (Or, if you want to shake it and infuse the fruit into the beverage a little more- that’s always an option!)
If you like your sangria sweet, by all means- add some simple syrup! Some people like a splash of sprite or ginger ale to top it to give it a bit of effervescence and fizz.
Today’s Featured Products:
- Mineral Stick Foundation, NYX (Porcelain for highlighting under eyes)
- Mineralize Skin Finish Natural, Mac : “Sun Power” (This was the Holy Grail of Bronzer I mentioned)
- True Match Super Blendable Powder, L’Oreal, “Sand Beige, W5”
- Lock-It Foundation, Kat Von D, “Medium 58”
- BB Cream Illuminator, L’Oreal Paris,”Medium”
So, the video is pretty self explanatory on how much I love these products and how often I actually use them. In fact, I am in Austria on business right now- and ALL of these items are in my makeup bag. AND, don’t worry I brought my Sephora VIB coupon with me for the Sephora VIP sale that starts the 13th! Who else is super pumped?
Join me next week for my top 5 blush/cheek colors!