Hey, blog fam! I know I’ve been MIA for a while. To be honest, I’ve been sitting around the house in leggings too often, and therefore haven’t had any new post material to share. BUT- it’s a new season and you know what that means?!?!? NEW MAKEUP. Also, can we just get this out of the way?
For you girls that don’t have to wear makeup, good for you. I applaud you.
However, some of us aren’t naturally Glamazons, and for us, God created makeup and Sehpora, where I make a monthly holy pilgrimage: for when I walk in those doors- the clouds part and a ray of heavenly light shines down and angelic harps play. Kid. In. Candy. Store.
So, my last Sephora trip I accidentally (on purpose) spend way too much but I found some great new products for Spring 2016 I am loving and I thought I would share with you beauties!
What it is: An ultra-plush, sustainably-crafted bamboo pressed powder brush. Super soft, super plus- this brush is super high quality and great for applying loose powder and leaving a smooth, even finish. A must have for anyone who wears loose powder to finish your look.
- Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation– delivers flawless, natural-looking coverage that lasts, while the skintuitive™ formula invigorates skintone and texture for a youthful complexion. Plus, if you’re messy like me- there is a mesh covering over the opening to prevent messy spills. I wear Medium Beige, and use the Tarte Player Bamboo Pressed Powder Brush with this. I LOVE ALL Tarte products- did you know they are made with Amazonian clay and are Paraben and Phthalate free?
- Tarte- Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in “Namaste”– An ultra-pigmented, lightweight, moussey liquid lipstick in an array of long-wearing, stylish, everyday shades. I have been wearing the “Namaste” atleast 4 times a week. LOVE. (But I love anything matte and anything Nudey.)If there’s one makeup product I’ve been obsessed with lately- it’s liquid matte lipstick. I’m loving the entire Tarteist line, and also the matte lipcreams from NYX (super good buy for your money!) and the Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks from Gerard Cosmetics.
- Clarisonic Mia 2– In just 60 seconds, its sonic action removes impurities from pores so that creams, serums, and moisturizers are more effective. And with regular daily use you’ll notice a reduction in dry patches, oily areas, and blemishes. If you want to take your facial care to the next level, or if you wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis (like me) this will really help remove all residue and get you feelin’ extra squeaky clean. This is a must have for skin care, ladies! I got the “2” because this was my first Clarisonic purchase. It has two levels and I felt this was sufficient for my needs as I exfoliate on a regular basis with a sugar scrub and didn’t think I’d need anything more vigorous as my skin tends to try out easily.
5. Kat Von D- Lock It Foundation- Medium 58- Highly pigmented with full coverage, this foundation is formulated without Parabens or synthetic fragrances. I personally like a heavy coverage foundation to even out my skin tone and last all day. If you don’t like full coverage, this isn’t for you. However, this has been my favorite foundation for the last several years. It’s velvety smooth and leaves a delectable matte finish.
6. Tartlette In Bloom Clay Shadow Palette– With nine mattes and three lusters, this palette is pretty much all you’d ever need. So many beautiful neutrals? This has become my every day palette and I’m wearing it in these photos. Can you say, “Gorgeous?!?!” (The palette- not me. Der.) I also have the matte version of this palette, equally gorgeous and I also swooped this up last week. #sorrynotsorry #ihavetoomuchmakeupsaidnowomanever
7. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation– An oil-free foundation for natural-looking, full coverage and a beautiful, radiant finish. This is a little lighter than the Kat Von D- Lock It foundation. I like to use this on days I know I want to build on my foundation and add a heavy contour on top. This foundation is great for building because it’s not so thick that your face will look “muddy” when you’re finished. I recommend this if you like to build or contour heavily!
8. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil– A primer with the luxury of a face oil, infused with a blend of 15 essential and lipid-rich plant oils to moisturize the face for seamless foundation application and a dewy, youthful glow. Ok people: I would NEVER have chosen a primer OIL as a primer for pre-make up purposes. I have combination skin as it is. However, when I went into Sephora and the super sweet sales guy went to help me match a new foundation, he whipped this out and began to put it on my face. “OHHHHH HELLLL NO!” I said. I already get shiny after about 10 minutes so I definitely think I didn’t need and “oil” primer. He asked me to trust him and I felt my face after it sat for a minute- not oily at all. So, I was like “what the hell” I’ll try it. Now I love it- plus it smells great! My only recommendation is to let it soak in for a few minutes before you apply your foundation. I’ve even been using alternately as a moisturizer at night. (As Taco Bell says, “Think outside the box”.)
9. Tarteist Lip Crayon- in “Latergram-Mauve”- A two-in-one lip liner that helps prime and line lips for a perfectly-contoured look. This twist up liner is the perfect shade to go with any nudey or pink lipstick. Wearing in photos.
So, I know this was more like a beauty haul, but I really love every product I bought and strongly recommend them to any of you who have a light to medium complexion and like a matte, full coverage look. What are your favorite beauty buys this spring?